The winery was established in 1964 and has 600 hectares under vine. It is fully equipped with modern technology and has ISO9001, HACCP, WIETA accreditation. The bottling plant has BRC.
A team of dedicated and acclaimed winemakers who are constantly experimenting with new wine styles ultimately resulting in a broad offering.
Unique selling points
- Use of expensive, high quality label with unique features aimed at optimum consumer appeal and visible differentiation.
- Label design aimed at creating interest in Africa and the name assures consumers of its origin.
- Biodiversity Wine Initiative (BWI) – working in harmony with nature.
- Integrity and Sustainability Seal Codes – allows traceability from the ground to the end product.
- Strategy based business with a Value Chain approach
- Board Member – Wines of South (WOSA)
- Member – Wesgro (Western Cape tourism, trade & investment)
- Member of WISE – (Wine Industry Strategic Exercise)
- Regulated by Department of Agriculture (Western Cape Government)
- Accredited by WIETA (Wine & Agriculture Ethical Trade Association)
CHENIN BLANC 2016
A dry white wine that reveals pleasant pineapple and fruit salad flavours, with some delightful citrus notes and charms of dried apples and musk. Well balanced with a quinsy, fresh, zesty finish.
SAUVIGNON BLANC 2016
This elegant dry white wine is packed with tropical and passion fruit flavours, a touch of green fig and melon tones and gooseberry whiffs. Nice supple, juicy mouth feel, with a pleasant lingering finish. A Sauvignon Blanc with a presence.
An elegant and refined Chardonnay revealing fresh peach and pear flavours with apple and citrus notes and lingering vibrant buttery tones on the finish.
With its glowing golden-green colour, light fresh-honey and strong guava bouquet, as well as mouth-filling flavours of tropical fruit salad, it is a truly beautiful wine.
PINOTAGE ROSE 2016
Floral bouquet with well-balanced berry and red cherry flavours which lingers on the palate.
CABERNET SAUVIGNON 2015
A medium-bodied and rich Cabernet Sauvignon with good structure and depth. Offers aromatic berry flavours with a long lingering finish. French oak barrel matured.
Pinotage has an attractive deep colour and the typical full-flavoured style of rich Pinotage. It has lots of complex cultivar character, mingling well with good woodiness. If consumed young the fruity Pinotage bouquet can be fully appreciated, but it will develop a wide full flavour with further ageing.
This is an elegant and flavoursome Shiraz with typical smoky aromas. The pleasant oak element adds additional flavour to a wine which is already extremely drinkable, but will benefit further from a few years in the bottle.
Full-bodied wood-matured red wine. Lots of ripe sweet red fruits with soft tannins on the palate.
SELECTED RED BLEND 2015
This is ideal for easy everyday drinking and is excellent value for money. It is a light, fruity blended wine.